Thursday, November 5, 2009

Great Performance by Summer Ray Smith!

I didn't even feel like going out last night but my girlfriends kept begging me to go to town with them, so I finally gave in. They told me that a local singer named Summer was going to be playing at the Stables and they really wanted to see her sing. So we all got dressed up and showed up at the Stables around 8:30 pm. We got a table, ordered a few drinks, and got comfortable. When Summer walked out, she was wearing a lime green cocktail dress with the prettiest wedge hills I had ever seen. She had long dark hair and she had the biggest smile on her face. She introduced herself and asked how everyone was doing and told the audience that she was ready to do a little singing for them. The first song she sang was fast and really got everyone in the mood to dance and enjoy themselves. I actually think the first song she sang was, "Here for the Party", which was a great song to start her show with. It got everyone hyped up and her voice was awesome. You could tell she really loved doing what she did because she was smiling constantly and including the audience in her performance. She sang, "Any Man of Man" and really got the crowd going when she picked an old man out and went and sat in his lap and sang to him. It was so funny! Her slow songs were beautiful too. Her voice was so smooth and deep and had so much emotion in it. She sang a song called, "Breakdown Here", and the song was slow and a lot of couples started slow dancing to it. You could tell that everyone in the bar was having a great time and they loved watching and listening to Summer. I'm sure the men liked the looks of her, but even the women were just as interested in her as the men were. She was so pretty and her voice was beautiful. She surprised everyone with her last song because she had been singing a lot of country music for most of the night. She ended the show singing, "Rehab" by Amy Winehouse which is a song about someone trying to get this girl to go to Rehab for her drinking problem and she just doesn't want to go. It's a fun song and Summer was just a fun girl. After the show, she handed out some business cards and told everyone she would love to sing for any special events that someone having. She got off the stage and was just walking around talking to everyone like she had known them forever. I was so happy that I decided to go out that night because I saw probably one of the best local shows I had ever seen and I just fell in love with Summer. If anyone wants a too see a great show I would definitely suggest you go and see Summer the first chance you get. You can't help but love her because she is so full of personality and just a great singer. Believe me, you won't be disappointed!

12 comments:

  1. I hate to sing.. I am so bad at it. I am glad to have found someone like you with the experience for all my party needs.. Looking forward to it

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Summer girl seems really nice and a lot of fun. It's nice to go out on the town every once in a while and have a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy going to see live concerts and would love to see Summer perform. She sounds like a good entertainer!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a good blog for advertising. You could use this in your offer as a customer review, but I think you should shorten it a little bit. The length of it might discourage a consumer from reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Summer sounds like a tremendous singer and I would love to hear some of her music.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Show-business is "the business". Summer surely sounds like a great singer. in show business its all about the presentation, the material is not of much importance

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love to hear good music. Good luck with this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are a lot of great singers that dont have that look and there are a lot of average singers with a great look. My uncle used to be a big time record label person and radio personality and he told me that the artist is aproduct that you have to sell. You have to be able to appeal by looks.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A singer can't go wrong if they're full of energy and confidence. From the sounds of it, Summer has both of these qualities. She might go far.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Not exactly my style of music, but sounds like she had great stage presence.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always like to hear a good singer, espically when they are singing country. Live bands are good when they are good. Might want to shorten this a little...

    ReplyDelete